Vickys Sweet Cornbread, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Sweet Cornbread, GF DF EF SF NF using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Sweet Cornbread, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 240 ml of light coconut milk at room temperature.
- Prepare 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 120 grams of oat flour – I grind gluten-free oats to make my own.
- Prepare 90 grams of cornmeal or fine polenta.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of bicarb / baking soda.
- You need 3/4 tsp of low-sodium salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 100 grams of sugar.
- It’s 75 grams of coconut oil, melted.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare of maple syrup for glaze.
Vickys Sweet Cornbread, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat your oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line an 8″x 8″ square cake tin or a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Add the milk and vinegar to a large bowl and let stand while you get on with the rest of the recipe.
- Mix the oat flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum together in a separate bowl.
- Stir the sugar, melted coconut oil and vanilla into the milk mixture.
- Stir the dry mixture gradually into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 20 – 25 minutes for the large tin and 12 – 15 minutes for the muffins or until a skewer in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out and brush the top with maple syrup. Best served still warm, maybe even with custard or ice cream as a dessert. Also delicious with Southern US style dishes.