Vietnamese Tofu Stuffed with Meat. Slit the tofu and stuff tofu with the filling. Cut the tomatoes, then add the stuffed tofu, and all tomato sauce ingredients into one pot. You can also stuff the tofu with meat before adding to the pot.
Here's how to cook rice in the microwave, or in a rice cooker, with perfect results. For westerners, stuffing typically consists of bread and veggies, but for Vietnamese, stuffing means ground pork, bean thread noodles, and woodear mushrooms. Even for Thanksgiving, our turkey was stuffed with this mixture. You can cook Vietnamese Tofu Stuffed with Meat using 9 ingredients and 27 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Tofu Stuffed with Meat
- Prepare 1/2 pound of minced pork.
- Prepare 1 pack of furama tofu.
- Prepare of Bun Tau (clear noodles).
- Prepare 3 of ripe tomatoes.
- You need 6 ounces of medium shrimp.
- Prepare of Asian shredded mushroom.
- Prepare of Chicken flavored broth mix.
- You need of Sugar, salt, and pepper optional.
- Prepare of Oil.
Here we present another classic Vietnamese home cooked dish, dau hu. The Best Vietnamese Tofu Recipes on Yummly Tofu Tahini Dan Dan Noodles, Vegan Spinach, Mushroom, And Red Pepper Quiche, Vegan Baked Spaghetti. The Vietnamese don't see tofu as a meat replacement for vegetarians, and in fact, many dishes combine meat or seafood and tofu.
Vietnamese Tofu Stuffed with Meat instructions
- Grab a pack of these,.
- Bun Tau too (clear noodles).
- Grab a handful of mushroom, and boil in hot water. Grab about another handful of bun tau and simmer in cold water.
- Grab a pack of shrimp, for every half pound of pork, use 6 ounces of medium shrimp.
- Wash the shrimp, and clean the shrimp.
- Mash the meat, and add salt(not that much) add a third of a teaspoon of sugar..
- Use chicken flavored broth mix a third of a teaspoon (bot nem). Add some extra pepper. Mix evenly.
- After a time, peel the shrimp and mince to small pieces and mash the shrimp don't match too crazy just do it enough so it actually is okay.
- Mix the meat and shrimp together mash it with purple onion. Cut it of course and add black pepper.. add the mushroom and add the bun tau into the mixture. Cut the bun into about an inch.
- Open up the tofu, and wash with warm water. Dry off tofu.
- Cut the tofu to where there's a line in the middle, not all the way down, just about 2/3..
- Add the meat filling to the cracks (use one boxes of tofu).
- Be careful. Fill a little at a time, and fill till it's flat with the top of the tofu.
- Make the other half into meatballs or pattys put oil on the gloves to make the rolling easy.
- Used 3 ripe tomatoes clean the tomatoes outside get rid of all the seeds.
- Dice tomatoes and make sure you get rid of the roots.
- Grab half of the purple onion, and two cloves of garlic mash garlic and mince onion.
- Cooking: add two tablespoons of oil to a pan..
- Add the onions, garlic and everything including tomatoes.
- Sugar 1 teaspoon salt soy sauce 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons oyster sauce. After tasting, put the sauce on the side..
- In a different pan, grab the tofu and put the tofu straight down, meat touching the pan. Cook at medium..
- Flip from one side to another and cook each side until each side is golden brown..
- Add the cooked pieces into the tomato pan, allowing to cook a little bit..
- Tofu should be faced down cook the meat, and add to the pan. After, put everything in a circle.
- Put back on heat, and cook for while in the sauce, about 5 minutes depending.
- Do the same exact same thing, twist the tofu, and cook in each side like before, twist the meat too to fully cook..
- Eat with a healthy/diabetic serving of Jasmine rice..
A few fried tofu pillows tossed in a beef soup soak up flavors and add another texture, an important component of a Vietnamese meal. Tofu can be stuffed with meat. Vietnamese tofu is a dish of fried (or baked) tofu in an aromatic lemongrass tomato sauce. It's delicious, healthy and ideal for batch meal prep. PS: If you make my lemongrass tofu in tomato sauce, don't forget to tag me on Instagram as @lazycatkitchen and use the #lazycatkitchen hashtag.