Mississippi roast. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Mississippi pot roast is easy to make in the slow cooker with chuck roast, ranch dressing, au jus gravy mix, and pepperoncini peppers. Created by a woman from Mississippi, this roast is somewhat of an internet phenomenon.
Place roast in the pot of a slow cooker. Pour beef broth around the roast, then sprinkle with seasoning mix, top with butter, and scatter pepperoncini. This Mississippi Roast should be the official recipe boxed with every slow cooker that is sold. You can cook Mississippi roast using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mississippi roast
- Prepare 3-5 lbs of chuck roast or tri tip roast.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper to season the meat.
- You need 1 packet of Ranch dressing mix.
- You need 1 packet of au jus mix.
- It’s 10 of peperoncini's peppers.
Spray your slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with a little black pepper and a little seasoned salt. Mississippi Pot Roast is a “Dump and Start” recipe (unless you want to brown it first), and is super delicious! This is truly the most flavorful pot roast I have ever made.
Mississippi roast step by step
- Turn stove on to medium high add olive oil to sauce pan while that heats season meat with salt and pepper on both sides once pan is hot place meat brown meat on both sides 2-3 minutes each side.
- Place seared meat into crockpot with the remaining ingredients place on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- When done you can serve it over mash potatoes or on the side.
It blends together five distinct and rather unexpected ingredients What Kind of Meat Is Used in a Mississippi Roast? Opt for one of the tougher cuts of meat in the. This Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe is so simple and delicious! Crock pot Mississippi Roast only has a few simple ingredients comes together in minutes and will impress your entire family! Mississippi Pot Roast has probably become one of the most popular recipes on the internet!