AMISH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP. When cheese melts taste and add salt and pepper. These Amish-style homemade chicken and noodles have a rich, flavorful broth that's made in the crock pot! What Goes with Chicken and Noodles?
This chicken noodle soup is a life saver when the whole family is down with a bad cold. There is something about a bowl of chicken noodle soup that just makes you feel better. Remove chicken from kettle and strain broth. You can have AMISH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of AMISH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- Prepare 6 each of boneless/skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 6 each of boneless/skinless chicken tighs.
- Prepare 1 of salt& pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 lb of carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1 jar of BETTER THAN BOUILLIAN CHICKEN FLAVOR.
- It’s 1 1/2 gallon of water.
- Prepare 2 packages of Amish egg noodles.
De-bone chicken and return to kettle with strained broth. Add chicken stock, celery, carrots, apple, onions, and pepper. The Best Amish Chicken Noodles Recipes on Yummly Refrigerating Chicken Noodle Soup: As the soup sits, the noodles soak up the soup broth.
AMISH CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP instructions
- Place water in a large soup pot. Add the raw chicken, saltand pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and let cool..
- Add the onion and celery and bring to a boil, boil for 10 minutes and add thecarrots, bring back to a boil and add the chicken bouilion. Simmer for 20 minutes..
- Dice the cooled chicken. Add to the pot, add additional water to get back to 1 1/2 gallons.
- Bring to aboil and add the noodles. Turn the heat off and let stand for 20 minutes..
- Serve or place in contaiers to freeze.
When reheating, add a splash of extra chicken stock or if Freezing Chicken Noodle Soup: The noodles don't fare too well when frozen. If you plan on freezing the soup, remove the portion of soup you plan. Wash and clean chicken carefully; cut in pieces. When we're sick, there's only one thing we crave: this chicken noodle soup. If you wanna pack it with more veggies (hey, they're good for you!) throw in some peppers with the onions, or stir in some spinach or kale when it's almost done cooking.