Simmered Pumpkin with Minced Meat. Put ground pork and ginger in a pan, turn on the low heat, cook until it changes color. Pour the sauce over it and bring to a boil. Add the pumpkin and simmer until tender with a lid.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. With gravy mince poured over the steamed pumpkin, Steamed Pumpkin with Beef Mince Sauce is so filling that you could make it a main dish. Simmered Pumpkin is a popular Japanese side dish among the pumpkin recipes, but today's dish is also popular. You can cook Simmered Pumpkin with Minced Meat using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simmered Pumpkin with Minced Meat
- Prepare 400-500 g of Pumpkin (scoop out the seeds and cut into bite sized pieces).
- It’s 150-200 g of Ground pork.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Grated ginger.
- Prepare of * Sauce: (mix in advance).
- It’s of * 200~300 ml Water.
- It’s of * 2 Tbsp Sugar.
- It’s of * 2 Tbsp Soy sauce.
- It’s of * 1 Tbsp Mirin.
- Prepare of * 3 Tbsp Sake.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Potato starch (dissolved in 1 Tbsp Water).
- You need 1 Pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of White sesame seeds, shiso leaves for topping.
Cover the wok and allow the pork ribs to be simmered on low heat for approximately one hour. When the pork ribs is done to your desired tenderness, add in the pumpkin chunks. Allow the pumpkin to continue to simmer till they turn soft. This is one of those rare times where I cook dishes to go with rice.
Simmered Pumpkin with Minced Meat step by step
- Put ground pork and ginger in a pan, turn on the low heat, cook until it changes color..
- Pour the sauce over it and bring to a boil. Add the pumpkin and simmer until tender with a lid..
- Turn off the heat once, pour the dissolved potato starch and stir slowly. Turn on the low heat and keep stirring until thickened so as not to break the shape..
- Sprinkle salt and sesame and adjust the taste..
Unlike pumpkin pie, mincemeat pie isn't necessarily what you'd think, just hearing the name. Up until a year or two ago, I thought it was just how people in Great Britain refered to ground beef. Simmered Kabocha Squash (Japanese Pumpkin) かぼちゃの煮物 Jump to Recipe Discussion Cooked in savory dashi broth seasoned with soy sauce and sake, this classic Japanese Simmered Kabocha Squash makes a great healthy side dish that is chock-full of nutrients. There are many interpretations for Bolognese sauce and this is just one Paleo-friendly version. The ground beef pasta sauce is simmered for hours and therefore requires a long time commitment, but the effort definitely shines through in the final result.