Sundubu Jjigae (Spicy Tofu Stew). Dried anchovies, dried kelp, eggs, garlic, green onion, hot pepper flakes, kimchi, korean radish, onion, pork, pork belly, salt, sesame oil, soft tofu, sugar, vegetable oil. Sundubu Jjigae is Korean stew made with soft (uncurdled) tofu. As you can imagine, the tofu texture is silky soft and because of that, this tofu is also a popular choice as a baby food.
Soondubu jjigae is often served with a raw egg to be cracked in to the boiling hot stew at the table. The egg adds richness to the stew, but you don't need to add an egg. Sundubu Jjigae or Soft Tofu Stew recipe that is so easy to make and so delicious that my husband told me it's almost as good, if not better than the ones at the restaurant! You can cook Sundubu Jjigae (Spicy Tofu Stew) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sundubu Jjigae (Spicy Tofu Stew)
- Prepare 1 pack of soft tofu.
- You need 100 g of meats / 100 g seafood (clams, prawns, mussels, crab, squid, etc), you can choose what your favorite item.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, minced.
- You need 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of Chili, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of soy sauce/fish sauce.
- You need 4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 2 slices of kombu/ dashi for stock.
- You need 250 ml of water.
- It’s 1 of egg.
I would have never imagined that Sundubu Jjigae would become so popular with non-Koreans. I always thought that it was. Sundubu-jjigae (순두부찌개, -豆腐–) or soft tofu stew is a jjigae (찌개, Korean stew) in Korean cuisine. The dish is made with freshly curdled soft tofu (which has not been strained and pressed), vegetables, sometimes mushrooms, onion, optional seafood.
Sundubu Jjigae (Spicy Tofu Stew) instructions
- Make the kombu stock, just boil water with kombu/dashi for 5 minutes..
- Heat the hot pot and put sesame oil, minced garlics, minced onions, and chili powder, stir for 5 minutes until mix well..
- Put the stock and soy sauce, mix well..
- When the stock boils, put the remaining ingredients like green onions, meats/seafood, and tofu, cooking for 5 minutes and the lastly put egg on the top..
Sundubu Jjigae 순두부찌개 – Korean Spicy Tofu Stew Sundubu (or soontofu) jjigae is a Korean stew made with silky (extra soft) tofu, vegetables, seafood and/or. Sundubu jjigae is a korean stew that's made with soft tofu. In Korean, sundubu is soft tofu and jjigae is stew, thus soft tofu stew! I kind of think of it more as soup then stew but I guess that's a question of what one considers a soup versus a stew. My quick and easy Sundubu Jjigae (Soft Tofu Stew) recipe.